Currently we are working on quite a few projects. Even though these projects are part of the effort to support Bengali on Linux, the end result of many of them are actually platform independent. The following are some of the projects:
Bangla version of the popular OpenOffice.org Office Suite
Unicode compliant Bengali version of google.com
The goal is to have a free Unicode compliant Bengali dictionary, spell checker, etc.
Dedicated for creating Free, high quality, completely Unicode compliant Open Type Bangla fonts.
It is a plain text editor designed to take in phonetic input from a standard US keyboard and convert (transliterate) it online into bangla text. The text is stored as unicode ( UTF-8 ) and can be read by any unicode aware application.
The goal of this project is to create an archive of public domain Bengali literature accessible through the internet.
A LiveCD running a localiced version of GNOME 2.4 (Bangla GNOME).
The following people are currently working on these projects:
- Arnab Bhattacharya, United States
- Ashabul Yeameen, Bangladesh
- Deepayan Sarkar, United States
- Indranil Das Gupta, India
- Jamil Ahmed, Bangladesh
- Kaushik Ghose, United States
- Khandakar Mujahidul Islam, Bangladesh
- Kushal Das, India
- Mahay Alam Khan, Bangladesh
- Muhammad Khalid Adnan, Bangladesh
- Omi Azad, Bangladesh
- Runa Bhattacharjee, India
- Salahuddin Pasha, Bangladesh
- Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay, India
- Santanu Chatterjee, India
- Saugata Ghosh, India
- Sayamindu Dasgupta, India
- Sharif Islam, United States
- Taneem Ahmed, Canada
|Copyright © 2002, Bengalinux.org group Copyright © 2003 - 2007, Ankur group|